Subject: [Leica] New Gallery - A Hush
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Mon Nov 22 09:31:45 2004

> An over all way to light look by a good stop and a half on my Mac monitor.
> Your highlights are fried. There is on detail up there. If it was darkroom
> printing I'd say you way over develop your negs by about 20 percent (N+2)
> and possibly over exposed them a bit too. Making for high tones which
> simply
> refused to separate. But as these are scans to uploads it could have been
> any number of things in the scanning tweaking process.
> The lightest images I've seen on my monitor in memory.
>
> How'd you do it?

And, of course, they look perfect on my monitor.  In fact, they look the
best I've done in along time.  I was really happy with these scans.

And all the grayscale "these better look good with even steps" displays look
fine on my monitor too.

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/calibration.html

http://users.arczip.com/jeffdberner/monitorcalibration.htm

http://www.bytephoto.com/tutorials/monitor-calibration/

I get even steps across the board.

Can you look at each of these and tell me if you see the same?

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] New Gallery - A Hush)