Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 23 19:48:08 2004

On 11/23/04 4:43 PM, "feli" <feli2@earthlink.net> typed:

>> That,s nearly triple my speed at 64 bit i think.
>> nice! less noise too?
>> simon
>
> I'm very impressed with the 5000ED. It's uses LED's as it's lightsource,
> so it's almost like a condenser enlarger. They also age better than
> flourescents.
> Scans are very sharp, color is dead on. The only complaint is that the DOF
> of
> the
> lens is a little shallow. The edges of curled negs can be a little soft,
> but
> you can get a
> glass carrier that will keep them perfectly flat.
>

> feli

The Nikon 5000 and 8000 scanners are certainly the almost uncontested
standards of the industry used by an I'm sure overwhelmingly high percentage
of serious amateurs and pros. Like 90 percent. A real phenomenon. Like
Photoshop for software almost which is probably 99.9.
70% pirated.
Like Epson's for inkjet printing they get little serious competition and
working with other brands makes ones work really lack credibility and
legitimacy. Not that all of that is justified.
Me I don't know what to say to people using a Minolta scanner to print on a
Canon printer having problems.

It's like the guy who brings in his Ford to get serviced and he asks what's
wrong with it and the mechanic says "it's a Ford!"

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/