Subject: [Leica] Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1.0
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Nov 24 10:40:19 2004

Dan.. the Noctilux has sold for between $1100 and $2K in the past couple of
months  on Ebay.  Most of our members here on the LUG have been advertising
for around $1300-1500.

Did you think I was being unfair to the questioner in what I stated? I
stated a price that was for the US market, and claimed as much.  What do I
know about the market in Norway?  It could be a steal, or it could be way
too high ( look at complaints from our members in Europe where fair trade is
prevalent, and the people in Hong Kong that pay much less than we do in the
US.  This for new equipment, no less used where the price tends to be more
variable.)

As far as a general rule, if you ask the seller what an item is worth, he
will say the price he is asking.  If you ask the buyer, he will say less.
If you do a data search on the item, you will find past data.  But the item
is only worth what the buyer and seller agree upon.  There are no other
variables.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net