Subject: Gallery resizing ... Re: [Leica] rookie posts: Digilux 2
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Nov 24 13:34:42 2004

> Are there limitations? I mean if we have a print size file, can we just
> upload it and let the gallery software do resizing? Sounds risky (from
> your point of view). I'm thinking of disk space.

No limitations besides your patience.

Disk space is currently selling for US$0.60 per gigabyte. A VERY large image
in any compressed format takes perhaps 50 megabytes. That means I can store
20 pictures for 60 cents, which is 3 cents per picture.

If you don't want people stealing your high-res images you should of course
not put them online, but if you want it to be available, just upload it to
the Leica Users Gallery and the software will take it from there.

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] rookie posts: Digilux 2)
Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) (Gallery resizing ... Re: [Leica] rookie posts: Digilux 2)