Subject: [Leica] Photographic Supplies
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed Nov 24 14:49:21 2004

> http://www.ultrafineonline.com/
>
> They are the supplier.  I talked to several people on the phone
> there today and none could say what they are selling besides
> what's left on the shelf.  They said they would try to continue
> to have some product available in the future, but they didn't
> know who would be making it.

part of the problem there is that photowarehouse (like Freestyle) are also
rebranders of Ilford and (I think) some Forte film which they get in bulk.

I think Ilford is probably supplying it's major orders of "Ilford" brand
film - those who buy bulk "NoName" rolls of Ilford film and paper which they
cut and rebrand themselves and sell at a discount are probably a secondary
priority right now.

As I say, B&H was getting their stock re-filled from Ilford, as was my
regular supplier up here

tim