Subject: [Leica] Something rather different
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Nov 25 01:24:20 2004

> >So, here they are:
> >http://staff.bath.ac.uk/bssjrb/Photographic/minutiae/minut.htm
>
> Is this odd?  We have at least three academics on this
> list--I'm the third--who walk to work every day,
> camera in hand (or bag).  And two of us, I believe,
> conduct research in southern Africa.

Hi John, both of you.

It's probably not odd :) But that a couple of us do work in Africa is
interesting. I work with language policies (on a micro level usually).
That is, I work with strengthening local languages. Mostly through
creating electronic text resources and from them, eventually, printed
monolingual dictionaries for the schools and public in general.

Daniel