Subject: [Leica] Kodak slide projectors are no more
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Nov 25 08:25:34 2004

I warmly remember slide shows of my youth.  Invariably, someone would return
from Europe (European vacations were still a big deal then) and invite the
neighbors to dinner.  The dinner, of course, was the bribe to sit through
the slide show.

A one-tray show was tolerable.  A two-tray show usually meant you really had
earned your feed.

Most of the comments were along the lines of, "Now this is one of the most
be-yootiful Cathedrals in alla Yurp."

Whirr, Ka-chunk

"If you could see past that lady's back, which is in front of the bus, you'd
see the famous Danube river.  It wasn't really blue like in the song."

The all-time best slide came from a local family who'd visited Africa.
Evidently missionaries had made it to the village some time before, and
convinced the women to adopt the Western modesty fetish.  So, we were
treated to a National-Geographicesque slide of a woman with a basket on her
head, clad only in fabric skirt and white brassiere.   My mother said, "I
dreamt I went to the watering hole in my Maidenform Bra."

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who will have a slide show on Sunday for Friends.  Long live Velvia 100F!