Subject: [Leica] digital R question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Nov 26 20:54:45 2004

>snippet<
> Then again, I have the exact same beef against the Oly E-1. What were they
> thinking to make it so un-OM like :-) ? I wonder what Maitani-san is using
> nowadays :-)

The new E body they just came out with and yesterday announced would be
selling for 999 has a sideways mirror instead of pentaprism right off the
Olympus FT designed by Maitani-san.

So his legacy lives very much so with the E series more than most the other
stuff they've come out with.

By the way the fact that Leica was going to come out with a digital body
eventually as announced perhaps unofficially I'm sure as that might hurt
back sales and they always can second guess their liaison with the Leica
historical society from Solms with the heavy German accent thick skin and
solid sense of humor.

I announced this on the LUG when we got back and then 2 weeks later again if
you want to call it a "rumor" fine just don't expect to be invited to my
house for turkey left overs!

Seriously I also "announced" from that meeting the 75 Summicron M!!!!! and
18 M!!!!!!  and you'd think it was whispered in an alley in the Casba by
Pepe la Moko as its gone off the backs of you LUGnuts like water off a crocs
back on his way up a tree.

I'd call this thunderous news for Leica users.

...."Rumor" not spoken here.
Unless otherwise qualified by authentic qualifiers.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/