Subject: [Leica] Are there different Summilux 75 versions?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Nov 27 08:11:47 2004

On 11/27/04 6:57 AM, "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> What is not cutting edge about the 75 f1.4? I can see people not liking
> it and I can see that perhaps it can be improved on but so far AFAIK
> nobody has, which means it is still the cutting edge, surely.
> frank

I hear its a very sharp and amazingly excellent lens.
I just think the lens could and should be re designed to be more compact and
sharper with ASPH's.
And APO's! :)
As well has modern computer design and all the things which have come about
in the past 24 years. Floating elements I don't know. I'm not sure how much
they've tweaked it but to me its still and old monster.

Its a 75mm lens and it's 80mm long!
I thought telephotos are shorter than their focal length.

I guess that makes this a "long focus" lens.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/