Subject: [Leica] Are there different Summilux 75 versions?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Nov 27 08:33:25 2004

It is not strictly a long focus lens, but more or less symmetric, there
are advantages to this optically, that is why it is so good. Since the
focal point is in the middle of a symmetric lens the film to front
length will be considerably more than the focal length. A lens of this
speed could perhaps be made shorter by making it a telephoto
construction but then it would probably -need- to be heavily redesigned
even to match the existing design never mind improve on it. How could
it be smaller in diameter and still be f1.4?
Frank