Subject: [Leica] Re: Plustek Scanner
From: jean.louchet at inria.fr (Jean Louchet)
Date: Sun Nov 28 15:19:44 2004

Hi,

thanks to all for the feedback. As I have got a big stock of slides to
scan, I won't buy the Plustek 7200ppi scanner, but wait until I have saved
money for a better one. Density looks to be a real issue. Otherwise my
current flatbed is an 8 year old, parallel port Plustek which cost less
the half of major brands and still runs nicely. Moreover, unlike many
others, my old Plustek runs not only on PCs but also on riscOS computers
which is nice for me - this means that Plustek actually opened the specs
for their scanners to enable third parties write drivers for virtually any
machine/operating system.

Tarek, I didn't see the Plustek 7200 in France but it is being advertised
by two German shops on Ebay, just below 190EUR inc. VAT.

VAT is "even" lower in Germany than in France (I won't say how much it is
otherwise our US friends will think I am crazy) and D->FR shipping is
often cheaper than FR->FR.

Best

Jean

Replies: Reply from tarek.charara at pix-that-stimulate.com (Tarek Charara) ([Leica] Re: Plustek Scanner)