Subject: [Leica] Re: Plustek Scanner
From: tarek.charara at pix-that-stimulate.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Sun Nov 28 23:33:57 2004

Bonjour Jean,

De Jean Louchet <jean.louchet@inria.fr>, le lundi 29 novembre 2004 ? 00:21
GMT :

>Tarek, I didn't see the Plustek 7200 in France but it is being advertised
>by two German shops on Ebay, just below 190EUR inc. VAT.

Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately, the scanner is not Mac-compatible, so I'll
just wait for some extra cash and get the Minolta with 5400 ppi for my B&W
stuff. 190Euros is a ridiculous price for a film scanner with 7000+ ppi,
even at a dmax of 3.3...

>VAT is "even" lower in Germany than in France (I won't say how much it is
>otherwise our US friends will think I am crazy) and D->FR shipping is
>often cheaper than FR->FR.

:) Shhhhhh! It's a beautiful country with huge taxes!