Subject: [Leica] copex question
From: deveney.marty at saugov.sa.gov.au (Deveney, Marty (PIRSA))
Date: Sun Nov 28 16:03:19 2004

Simon,
Hi Simon,

>Hallo i will have to devellop some rolls of agfa copex shortly
>Would anyone care to offer any advice?

One of the best developers for Copex is the Gigabit developer sold in kits
with rolls of Copex re-named as 'Gigabit'.  The developer can be bought on
its own from Fotoimpex in Berlin (Mirko and his crew offer great service).

Technidol also works, though I don't have any information on times.  I
wonder if Kodak will stop making Technidol now that TechPan has been
discontinued?

POTA or any of the other low-contrast developers also work.  At a pinch you
can use Rodinal 1+300, Xtol 1+5 or C41 developer, but I've never had much
luck with highly dilute developers and copy films.  Others have shown me
magnificent results that they have obtained with C41 developer, but when I
tried it, the results just looked plain strange to me.

I know you like Techpan and have got some great results with it, but I can't
help but wonder why anyone would try to get pictorial results from slow,
slow, slow copy films when Delta 100, Fuji Acros and Xtol exist.

Later,

Marty

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] copex question)
Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] copex question)