Subject: [Leica] Digital Module R
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon Nov 29 09:04:13 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 8:35 AM, <grduprey@rockwellcollins.com> wrote:

> BD
>
> I would agree with you, but the Canon dealers, I have talked to prefer
> the
> 1D MK II over the 1Ds as they feel the 1Ds is slower to work with for
> every day type shooting and is better suited for studio work, and a
> better
> value for the dollar.  Also from what I remember, only the 1Ds is full
> frame, the 1D MK II is the 1.5 factor sensor.
>
> Gene

1D mkII is x1.3. It's built like a tank and faster than the D20 (x1.5),
but it doesn't
appear to be light years ahead of it in image quality.

The 1Ds II now shoots 4 fps. I think it's biggest problem is size. It's
huge.
The old 1Ds is now going for below 5K, but be aware that it's pretty
noisy above
400 asa. www.dpreview.com offers some very good comparisons.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4