Subject: [Leica] Picture of her Year :-)
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Nov 29 19:43:10 2004

No tattoos yet? Lucky you. My daughter - now 26 - has one...a little
band of strawberries with leaves and stems around her upper arm...Her
mother almost had a stroke when it appeared about 10 years ago, thinking
that it immediately eliminated the possibility of a sleeveless or short
sleeved wedding dress...:-)...But my sons? Don't ask...and it's not just
that they keep adding them  (to their arms, and thus far hidden by
sleeves) but it's what they get...the younger son has, among other
things, an Aztec drawing of a cockroach! and, get this - remember those
ads in the old comic books for the glasses that would "see through"
clothing etc.? The had had a drawing of the glasses...? Well...He had me
scan the ad for him one day...and damned if it didn't turn up on his
arm...

After No. 1 son got his first one - I think he was about 18, I asked him
what he was going to think when he was 50 and it was still there....I
can remember his answer almost a decade later...

"I thought about that," he said. "And you know what I decided? I might
look at it and say, 'boy, was I ever an asshole when I was young.' Or,"
son Ben said to me, "I might look at it and say, 'Damn, but I was cool!'
"

I do so love that kid. :-)

As to the RD1...I wonder if, in fact, the lens focal length may be cause
of the focusing problems people are reporting....If that is it, it
solves my problems, as I don't want to use anything longer than a 50 on
it...but...