Subject: [Leica] Leica Users Gallery policy
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Dec 2 12:59:53 2004

There are two online galleries with similar names.
One is the Leica Users Gallery, which I operate, and which is at
        http://gallery.leica-users.org/

The other is the Leica Gallery, which is operated by Patrick Kelly, and
which is at
        http://leica-gallery.net/
(and which is currently experiencing hardware problems).

Patrick sets the policy for his site. I set the policy for mine.

The policy for the Leica Users Gallery is that you can post any photographs
that you think are worth our time and attention, whether or not you took
them with a Leica. The Leica Users Gallery is advertised only on the LUG,
and it is my preference that people who post pictures there be the kind of
people who appreciate Leicas, and maybe own one, and maybe even use one. But
if you've taken a really good photograph with any camera at all, and want to
put it on the Leica Users Gallery, then do it.

If I wanted it restricted to Leica-produced images I would have named it the
Leica Use Gallery.

Brian Reid
Saloonkeeper

Replies: Reply from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Leica Users Gallery policy)