Subject: [Leica] Leica Long Lenses on Digital Canon SLRs
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Fri Dec 3 02:47:38 2004

OK, I see.  Thanks Nathan.  Most of my nature shots are taken wide open
too, or one stop smaller, to keep the shutter speed up.

If I wanted to gauge how the viewfinder would look with Leica lenses
attached would it be reasonable to just go the camera store and look
through a digi Canon with a Canon lens attached, stopping down too to
simulate stop down metering and focussing?  The answer's 'Yes', I'm
sure.

Leica's marketing position is that the DMR plus a new R9 will be less
expensive than a top line Canon digi body.  If still true in about a
year when DMRs should be freely available the lack of work-arounds
could make it attractive.  One thing's for sure - it's going to be good
to read user reports on the DMR here.

Did I read that someone on the LUG got their hands on one for a play?
Sorry, I mean some serious prototype testing.  :)

Rick.