Subject: [Leica] Put your print where your mouth is (aka Is B.D. crazy?)
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Fri Dec 3 16:41:30 2004

B.D. wrote:

>Nope. But they should look essentially the same.
>I'm happy to do a swap with you - contact me off-list.

This is from the thread Richard started about whether or not to set up a
darkroom.  B.D. raved about his HP 7960.  So, I sent B.D. a silver print
made from a digital file and the digital file itself.  He made a few prints
on his 7960 and sent them back.

Wow.

I'm not sure I could tell them apart in a blind test.  The paper is slightly
different, but it's hard to tell any difference in the image quality.  I'm
impressed.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, B.D.  I'm convinced.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Put your print where your mouth is (aka Is B.D. crazy?))