Subject: [Leica] HP7960 now the HP8450
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Dec 4 12:27:39 2004

Bob, with this printer I just haven't had to fool around with the PS
settings. I use the Adobe RGB profile, and the rest is set in the
printer dialogue. I tell the printer I want grayscale, and I then either
set it for Best, or for it's highest quality. Frankly it's hard, if not
close to impossible, to see the difference between Best and the highest
quality, but for client prints I set the highest quality.

Again, this printer offers a ludicrously simple way to get terrific
black and white prints.
Color may require more fiddling, as it does with any printing system,
but the fiddling is done with the image on screen in Photoshop,
adjusting color, etc. Once the print processes starts, it's pretty much
WYSIWYG, unless your monitor needs calibrating - which mine undoubtedly
does - in which case you either calibrate it properly, or quickly learn
the difference between what the screen shows and what the printer
produces, and then you just adjust the on-screen image accordingly.

B. D.