Subject: [Leica] Re: dogs
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Dec 5 08:05:26 2004

It's more the degenareted, apartment-breeded kind of dogs, who are used to
eat canned wet food only, that can suffocate of chicken bones. Wild dogs or
natural breeds, like working sheepdogs, can just bite anything without
choking on it. I had a Sarplaninac dog, http://tinyurl.com/6bvp5, grown up
in flock of sheep in southern Yugoslavia, who had the nasty habit to steal
chickens from a farmer in my neighbourhood. It costed me 10.- SFR every
time. The farmer was always astonished how fast the dog could gorge it and
just leave the feathers out. The dog died in the high age of 14 years
because of senile decay.
Didier

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: dogs)
Message from jorg.willems at pp.inet.fi (Jorg Willems) ([Leica] Re: dogs)