Subject: [Leica] HP8450.Damn your hides.
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 6 17:49:58 2004

After all the talk about superb b&w prints  from the HP7960, I, an
impressionable sort, was struck helpless this weekend  when OfficeMax
advertised the
7960's successor, the 8450, for $249, less a $20  instant price cut. Shifty
retailers that they are, they'd already made sure my  desk was littered with
discount card for an additional $10 off. Plus  they're going to send me a
$30 gift
card. In my simple, easily rationalized  world, that's $60 OFF! Or $189, if
my old math doesn't fail me.

Helpless, I was.

And right, you were. Excellent b&w prints.  This printer's b&w output,
alone,
could be enough to make me  starting liking HP, again, after perpetrating
the
LaserJet 3100 on the  world.

As was also mentioned, it is an ink hog. Is there a source for  refills,
especially of the HP100 Gray cartridge?

-Chris  Lawson

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] HP8450.Damn your hides.)