Subject: [Leica] M4-2
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Tue Dec 7 10:10:45 2004

> I just bought (and received) an M4-2 (got it tonight). What a black
> beauty.
> It definitely feels different to my M6. More solid or something (if
> thats
> possible). I kept looking at it thinking something was wrong til I
> realised
> that it has no white dot on the curtain.  Do all Leicas feel different?
> Who
> has owned many? would love to know.

White spot on curtain is reading substrate for the meter in the M6, M7 and
MP. Meterless Ms (M3, M2, M4, M4-P and M4-2 have plain curtains.  The M5,
although metered, has a plain curtain also because the meter sensor is on a
"stalk" immediately in front of the curtain.

The M4-2 should not "feel" substantially different from the other black
chrome Ms.

JB

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] M4-2)