Subject: [Leica] Re: Bad Exposure or Something Else?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Tue Dec 7 16:23:43 2004

Richard:

>William - Just checked on the B&H site and confirmed they have Supra
>400 as you say but there was no mention of expiration dates.  Can you
>say anything about the dates on the film you buy from them?  3 months
>from now ? 6? 12? More?

Last month, I bought Neopan 400 from B&H.  Expiration 11/2005.

In the same order, I bought Fuji NPH.  Expiration 7/2006.

The year and a month from purchase for the Neopan 400 is probably among the
shortest time to expiration I've received from them.  Just depends on what
they have in stock.  They have a pretty good turnover on film stock.

Buy in multiples of 20, and you'll usually get shrinkwrapped boxes all from
the same lot and expiration dates.  Buy in odd lot sizes, and they'll break
apart the bigger packs and put their own label on each individual film,
saying when the expiration is.  For example, I bought a single roll of Fuji
Superia 1600 in my last order, and it came this way.

If anybody is interested in seeing the Fuji 1600, here's a link.  Don't
expect great photos.  But at least I didn't have to use flash.  :)

http://canid.com/matthew/thumbs.html

--
Eric
http://canid.com/