Subject: [Leica] Photo: Winter takes a shot at autumn's fading glory
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Dec 8 15:36:37 2004

Here's one taken on your basic rainy/storm day in northern California.
I went to shoot a "lantern tree" (I don't have a clue about what it's
really called) whose blossoms were this glorious pink on an otherwise
dismal day.

This was taken with the 10D and the Leica 100mm APO. Shot at ASA 800.
This is slightly cropped. I was stopped down a bit but not enough
really for what I wanted to achieve. This is close. Focusing the 100
on the Canon is VERY difficult. I should have been using a tripod but
this was a quicky shot and didn't have the tripod in the Element.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-December/winterpiercing-frmd.jpg>

I am going in tomorrow and mounting this lens on a 1D MkII and
checking out the focusing. If it's as good as the R8 . . . well
there's a 1Ds in my future. I can see it.

Adam

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Photo: Winter takes a shot at autumn's fading glory)