Subject: [Leica] RD-1 and I
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Thu Dec 9 14:08:53 2004

He did review the 50ASPH earlier.

Sean Reid on Luminous Landscape's review said that the sensor/camera seems
to be very "neutral," in that it shosw basically whatever the lens
delivers. I concur with the assessment. I posted this a few days ago and
the lens used in fact is the 50 ASPH

***
Not sure if it really shows anything, but the pictures here:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3035

are taking using the same lens on the M7 and the R-D1. The M7 I used
Provia100F pushed to ASA400 (I was using the film for other purposes where
I needed ASA400) but I think the development is slightly off so the
pictures are more "dense." The colorings, believe it or not, are fairly
accurate in both cases - in the bright sun, it's lighter and brighter. In
the shade, it's richer and darker.

To me, the slides have more details, but may be I am just kidding myself as
these slides are scanned only at about 4 Megapixel resolution. When I do
printing, I rescan them at 4000 DPI.
***

use richard at imagecraft.com)