Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 50: Cute fishmonger
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Dec 11 08:54:32 2004

Most Dutch people do their daily shopping the same way as people
elsewhere in the Western world, in supermarkets. But they are still
quite attached to the old ways, and so every town has a weekly outdoor
food market. The town where I live, Almere, conveniently has its market
on Saturdays. I often go there, not just to buy fresh vegetables, cheese
and bread, but of course also to look around with my camera. I
especially like the fish stand. This time I was rewarded with a couple
of cute girls. First, the one looking at the fish in amazement (as if
she is thinking: is this where the fish sticks come from?):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50.jpg

The second cute girl is the fishmonger--not exactly what one expects in
that business. In these three shots she is picking a fish for a
customer, dumping it on the scale, and reading the price:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50alt3.jpg

This Chinese guy has been there the last three Saturdays, I think he is
buying for one of the town's Chinese restaurants:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50alt4.jpg

The final alternate is a response to the call (I forgot who made the
initial suggestion) for images showing how our neighbourhoods look at
this time of year. This is the main shopping street of Almere,
Stationstraat:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_50alt5.jpg
(I don't state technical data in these postings, they are under the
table of thumbnails on  the page, but...this picture was taken at ISO
800 with the 20D; I know this is just a JPEG on the web, so you have to
take my word for it when I say that this is far better quality than any
night picture I have shot with film)

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands