Subject: [Leica] Re: Black Bags
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Mon Dec 13 15:59:55 2004

At 10:13 AM 12/13/2004, Thinkofcole@aol.com wrote:

>alex, those black bags you speak of were widely available in  the days--
>long
>ago -- when thousands of people bought film in bulk, 25 or 50  ft. in a
>roll,
>and packed their own casettes inside the light-proof bag, line  with rubber,
>I believe. Today that rubber lining probably would be cracked
>and,  therefore,
>no longer light-proof. I never sold them for more than $1 and always  told a
>customer that they were probably no good.
>   I seem to recall, though, that a one-hour photo store I used had a
> modern
>light-tight box to remove casettes from cameras with a problem or for  other
>uses.
>   You might try your local one-hour photo store; he or she may have
>something similar that they will help you with -- at no cost. --bob cole

I have a small and a large dark bag. They're actually double bags with
zippers and arm sleeves. They come in handy out in the field when you need
to do camera film stuff in the dark. I've had mine for at least 40 years.
Still perfect as they are all tight woven fabric. No rubber or other stuff
that could rot.

But it is amazing what a little Googling will turn up...

http://minilab.net/darkboxesbags.html

JB