Subject: [Leica] handicapped
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Tue Dec 14 16:11:57 2004

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

>In what sense?  I don't believe that you feel that "handicapped" folk
>shouldn't own Hummers, or that the condition of being "handicapped"
>prohibits one from owning any sort of vehicle one chooses--so the irony
>can't reside there.  It may be, considering that there's no visible
>marking on the license plate nor visible hangtag, that the Hummer's
>illegally parked, which does form an ironical juxtaposition, but it is
>impossible to discern this in the photo alone.  Or, perhaps, finally,
>you intend to suggest that *anyone* who would buy a Hummer is in someway
>"handicapped," but it requires a far stretch or the imagination, I
>think, to light confidently on this interpretation: again, based solely
>on the image offered.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chandos

Chandos-
Sheesh! Lighten up! Perfect irony! If you need an off road vehicle, a
'real' hummer is quite the ticket. I must admit that anyone who would
buy the gussied-up, overly chromed monstrosity H2 must be a bit off
their nut, and 'mentally challenged' does come to mind... Hereabout, we
call these folk 'dain bramaged'.
I guess it take a Southerner to see the irony in that picture :o)
Okay, Sonny- git 'er done!
Dan