Subject: [Leica] Photogs in...
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Dec 15 10:53:29 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 10:47 AM, B D Colen wrote:

> Emanuel wrote...
> "For me, that's reason enough to cry out for archival
> processes and to continue to reject the ephemeral
> nature of this "digitally abbreviated world."
>
> ----
> That would make sense, Emanuel, were it not true that a cheap printer
> like the
> HP7690 can produce black and white prints with a guaranteed life-span
> of, I
> believe, 118 years

I'm pretty sure the carbon ink based piezography prints will outlast
all of us and the
paper will rot out from underneath the ink, before the fades. Dye based
ink is a whole
different game, I suppose time will tell.

> - which is longer than traditional black and white
> processes.

Huh? I've seen prints in museums that are more than 100 years old.
Looked fine
to me...

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4