Subject: [Leica] The Photobook: A History, Volume I
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed Dec 15 21:04:06 2004

Was just looking through this new book at the bookshop - what a great
book!

Definitely on my Xmas list...

A couple of things I especially like about it is the attempt to avoid too
much emphasis on what they call the usual European-American axis.

Also, I don't think Adams or Weston get a single entry whereas Friedlander
and Hosoe get more than one

Their guiding theme is "intention, logic, continuity, climax, sense and
perfection" (after Lincoln Kirsten)

Nice and refreshing to see something that works to avoid the same old same
old

tim

Replies: Reply from surrealistic at cox.net (Curtis Fant) ([Leica] Contax T-VS II instructions.)