Subject: [Leica] Purple needlegrass: your tax dollars at work
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Dec 17 08:24:15 2004

Well actually there was a bit of debate but, fortunately, purple
needlegrass has a presence in EVERY representative's district as it
grows almost everywhere in California . . . or it did until it was
displaced by the exotics

Politicians were daunted by it's 100 year life-span, it's deep roots,
and its excellent grazing characteristics which seem perfect for
keeping the herd under control.

How could they NOT vote for it?

Here's a non-technical introduction with a photo:

<http://www.sacsplash.org/plants/naspul.htm>

I have discovered that photographing grass is a humbling experience.
Although, maybe inspired by Kyle, I'll add a gun, some leather, an
attitude . . .  hmmmm

Adam

ps: Thanks Kyle