Subject: [Leica] A coot, a cat and a couple of birds
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri Dec 17 15:42:06 2004

Didier wrote:

>The first duck shot is really great. Interesting lightning.

Yep- nice shot from the shadow side, as our guru, Ted Grant would
advise. How he synchs with lightning I don't know.... :-)

Cruising on the majestic Shannon, I once came across a duck with no
fewer than 18 (count 'em) ducklings. Unfortunately way into the
evening - hence no shot. Apparently, according to the locals, Mammy
duck (she was from Cork) had taken over not one, but two broods from
unfortunately deceased females.

At night, the ducklings gathered on a safe bit of the bank in a huge
heap of duckling down under the watchful eye of their foster-Mammy.
Aren't birds clever!

>When I browsed your folder, I enjoyed the swan again. How do you
>manage to have such dark backgrounds? Never happens to me :-(

The only swans I have aren't from Ted's shadow side and were shot
with a Nikon F3 and a 300/4.5 Nikkor. Nevertheless, a charming only
child:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/shannonswans.html

Best

Alex

--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] A coot, a cat and a couple of birds)