Subject: [Leica] Brooklyn Bridge
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Sat Dec 18 18:16:15 2004

Jeffery, it was around 10 years ago.

It's one of my personal favourites. What I like about it is catching
this old guy, who sleeps rough and is sort of trapped in the area,
looking at a ship heading out to somewhere in the world. The more I
look at it, the more I get from it, as I can almost feel his
melancholy.

I was also interested in getting a shot of one of the world's most
famous landmarks, but from a different angle. We normally see the
'bright lights' of Manhattan with the Brooklyn Bridge shot from the
Brooklyn side. The reality of the area then, was it was rough and full
of shacks for the homeless, belying the image the bridge usually
projects.

BTW, it was shot on a colour transparency, but screamed out to be B&W,
so I had a B&W neg made from it then.

With that 'old-look'. I also like the first image of the Manhattan
skyline from a bus in New Jersey because it seems like a 1930's or 40s
postcard shot.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

Matt.
http://homepage.mac.com/mattmorgan1/PhotoAlbum6.html