Subject: [Leica] WAS: Ice hockey shots, NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Dec 20 18:31:42 2004

The new technology will probably be Sony's blue DVD with about 25 GB per
disc.  This should be out in 2005 sometime although there is another
consortium with another technology with about 12GB per disc.  I am not
sure what will drive this technology into the mainstream unless the
movie studios think that selling one DVD with the whole trilogy with
extra added bonus material makes sense for them.

Despite the cheap price of hard drives, I must admit that less than $1
per 4GB to store images on DVD makes sense to me.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com