Subject: [Leica] Eydon Northamptonshire #7
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Tue Dec 21 06:47:07 2004

Hi All,

I showed this great cloud image to one of the better meteorologists
here at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (where I
also work). He said it appears to be an example of crytalisation, where
a small section of the surrounding water vapor clouds has crystalised
into ice. This happens this time of year, and can be triggered by such
things as an airplane flying through the cloud layer.

Hope this helps,

Will von Dauster
Boulder, Colorado

On 12/20/04 8:01 PM, "William G. Lamb, III"
<lambroving@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

 > Graham,
 >
 > You are the last person I would ever accuse of
 > Photoshop!
 >
 > Lee,
 >
 > That's not a flying saucer. It must be a flying crop
 > circle, even though it's not Wiltshire! :-)
 >
 > William
 >
 >>> The sky really was like this:
 >>>
 >>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Eydon_07.htm
 >>>
 >>> Graham