Subject: [Leica] Eydon Northamptonshire #7
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Tue Dec 21 19:54:13 2004

Hi All,

I showed this great cloud image to one of the better meteorologists here at
the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (where I also work). He
said it appears to be an example of crytalisation, where a small section of
the surrounding water vapor clouds has crystalised into ice. This happens
this time of year, and can be triggered by such things as an airplane flying
through the cloud layer.

Hope this helps,

Will von Dauster
Boulder, Colorado