Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss lenses compared against Leica
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Dec 22 18:21:36 2004

At 3:00 PM -0500 04.12.22, B. D. Colen wrote:
>I am aware of that, Feli - I am also aware, as are you, that they can
>put any label they want on something, yet it can be radically changed
>from the original design. I may well be completely wrong - but I
>seriously doubt that given the major push Zeiss is making, they're going
>to put out a 50 1.4 that isn't the equal of the latest Leica M lens. But
>as I said, I may be very wrong.

You're very wrong. :-)  If you had taken the  step of  researching
things, you would have found out that Zeiss isn't planning on any
fast 50s for the moment. Their only announced  50 is a 50/2 Planar.

        http://www.zeissikon.com/lens.50.htm

If you're going to be a thorn in people's sides, it behooves you to
be an informed thorn. :-)

Karen

ps. Please note smileys! :-)

--