Subject: [Leica] Unanswered Question
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Dec 23 11:50:37 2004

I have the RD1, It is very satisfactory and the Leica look shows
through clearly. However vignetting with widest lenses, even on the
cropped 1.5x view on this sensor, is much more than the same lens on
film, just as we had been told. It seems to me that the omens are not
good for a 24x36 sensor using these lenses unless a completely new
technology is discovered. All the reasons why such a camera looked
unlikely are amply demonstrated by the RD1.
I have the 35mm aspherical on it almost all the time and it is splendid
with this focal length (and the 28mm).
Frank