Subject: [Leica] Leica glass on 20D (was Re: FOM 2 & LEICA - EOS MARRIED.)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Dec 26 16:07:47 2004

on 12/26/04 7:42 AM, Frank Dernie at Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com wrote:

> Certainly the difference in resolution between a Leica lens and others
> will not be exploited most of the time without a tripod and high
> resolution film.

This is an important point, yet I'm still struggling to find the right
support for the Canon FD 400/2.8 I bought from Joe DiMarco.  I'm not getting
the detail and microcontrast the f/6.8 Telyts deliver but I'm not certain
the support is adequate.

More significant differences I notice between the Canon 400/2.8 and my Leica
lenses are in the handling and ergonomic areas.  The Canon isn't in the same
league so I'm missing some photos while struggling with the ergonomics; if
this is typical of L lenses (and of the better Nikon lenses) it's no wonder
the N and C market demanded AE and AF.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com