Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 27 14:45:20 2004

Despite this nice tri Elmar advice you're getting here it sounds to me like
we are trying to tell you which of your old friends who you haven't seen in
awhile you should go on a protracted trip with.
My advice is to have coffee them first.
With each of them in turn and see how they are faring. It could be you are
not getting along so well with one but are with the other.

If you're like most of us here you've got your Leicas "on hold" while you
are out playing with this new digital thing. Or a more convenient film point
and shoot even.
Reacquaint yourself with the feel and joy of Leica M and R photography.
Pretend you're far away while you're doing it. Then you'll know what stuff
to bring. Which feels too heavy or not easy to focus or load.

If it was me I'd be tempted to leave all my Leicas at home and bring my
Rolleiflex 2.8 F 80mm Zeiss which has just been Harry Fleenored.

It's like having and old friend and a new friend be the very same friend.

And for some reason I can see myself if I was in your shoes wanting a new
Leica CM for a trip like that. And a Rollei 35 for a backup.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/