Subject: [Leica]What is the least amount of equipment you can use?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Dec 27 16:31:46 2004

Question 1. Why do you take photos when you travel?
Question 2. What do you like to photograph when you travel?
Question 3. How much weight are you willing carry every where you go
when you travel?
Question 4. How much hassle are you willing to put up with when going
through airline security?

Answer question 1 - If the answer is "to remember the places I've been,"
buy postcards and leave the cameras home, except perhaps, for a digital
p&s;
If the answer to question 1 is "because I feel compelled to, the answer
to question 2 will tell you what your ideal photo outfit should be for
your trip;
Having determined the ideal outfit, answer question three, weigh your
equipment, and start paring it down;
Having pared your kit down to the weight your willing to carry, answer
question 4. If the answer to question 4 is "not much," see the initial
answer to question 1. If the answer to question 4 is "I'll submit to
endless cavity searches and other indignities," pack up your old kit bag
and hit the road.

All of which is to say...There is not a single person on this list who
can tell anyone else what to take when they travel - or any other time
for that matter. ;-)

Merry Christmas. Happy  Chanukah. Happy New Year. Happy Kwanza.

B. D.