Subject: [Leica]What is the least amount of equipment you can use?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 27 20:48:03 2004

Julian Koplen said:

> >From the MP's description, I'm sure I would love owning one, even using
> >it
> :))
>
> I wonder, though, how many professional photographers own one?  As I write
> this, I realize that not a huge number of professionals even use the other
> M's, but I'm still curious if the pros are attracted to the MP enough to
> actually buy and use it.  It ain't cheap, and it doesn't offer the raw
> functionality of an M7.  Not that I wouldn't drool over one--and use
> it--if
> I had it.  But I'm just an amateur who likes Leicas, especially the R8 and
> the M6.<<<<

Julian,
The only way I'd own an MP would be if someone gave it to me! And I sure as
hell wouldn't pop the ridiculous price for it. And in my case I'd need 3 of
them because that's how I work with the M cameras an assignment.

Besides I work with 3 M7's and as far as I'm concerned as a "professional
photojournalist" the M7 is the cat's meow all round best damn Leica M ever
made.The fancy paint and other visual things of the MP don't make pictures,
period!  And I don't own Leica's because they look pretty!

The M7 allows one who is accustomed to completely concentrate on the light
and subject action without any more camera concern than, focus-shoot! And
with a Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder I can just get away 3 frames in a second
if push comes to quick. ;-) Rarely required, but nice to have it if
necessary. :-)

I trust this answers your question ...  >>>>> I wonder, though, how many
professional photographers own one?<<<

ted