Subject: [Leica] One Camera, one lens
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Tue Dec 28 04:13:53 2004

When I go out with my camera, I rarely have an extra lens with me. I like to
use the lens on the camera--sometimes that's a 21mm, othertimes, a 28 or 35.
Much more rarely it's a 50 and almost never, a 135. I feel most comfortable
with the 35, 1.4--that is to say, I've used that since day one and know it
the best.

I usually have two Ms with me, both with the same film in them. I hand
meter. On a sunny day, no meter is necesary. The Sunny 16 rule works
well--ever notice how absurd the photo magazines are when they list
exposures for a shot done on a sunny day in a sun-lit setting.

I don't like carrying extra lenses. I don't mind having an extra camera in
my backpack. I keep the film used as a constant to minimize my forgetting
which film I'm using.

There are times, however, when I do go out with more than one lens. That is
when I do view camera photography. View camera photography gives you great
results and makes you appreciate the qaulity and ease of use our Leicas
provide.

Doug Nygren