Subject: [Leica] London challenge shoot
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Dec 28 12:44:16 2004

Luis Miguel Casta?eda offered an excuse!
Subject: Re: [Leica] London challenge shoot

> On 28 de dic de 2004, at 20:35, B D Colen wrote:
>
>> I don't think I have ever seen such a basically crappy collection of
>> snappy
>> shots as is contained in that London shoot.
>
> In their defense: 2 hours are not too much time.
> Its just like a challenge where the luck may weight as much as
> talent.<<<<,,

Naw that's a very poor excuse if they knew they were going to have their
photographs placed before a bunch of shooters, amateurs or pros around the
world.

With most of this, if it were me I'd have passed on submitting my work if
nor other reason than to save face for what they must be going through right
now as everyone is ragging their asses for poor results, or if you like a
collection of lost moments.

What happens with many Leica owners is...... they think becasue they've used
a Leica and make an exposure on the street in broad daylight the photograph
will be fine.    "After all I did use a leica therefore it must be OK!" is
the usual line. The results are another matter all together.

Wake up people.......... "The bloody camera has nothing to do with it and
everything to do with the guy holding it!"

I'm sure this will develop into, or it could, a great photographic learning
experince for a number of folks! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)
Message from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)