Subject: [Leica] PAW 52 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Dec 29 03:53:09 2004

Sorry for the delay, Scott. I missed this.

For semigloss papers (I've tried Epson Premium Semi-gloss and Ilford
Galerie Smooth Pearl) I set the "Media Type" for "DURABright". I've tried
"Photopaper" but I got serious bronzing with that setting, but with
DURABrite (an Epson paper specifically for the original inks in the C86) I
get perfect results, even though I'm using Eboni Black, an ink for Matte
papers, and not Photo Black (for Glossy).

With semigloss my best results have been with:

Media: Durabrite
Gamma: 1.8
Brightness: +8
Contrast: -10 (Paul Roark recommends -15).

I use those setting for all pictures printed on Ilford Gallerie Smooth
Pearl. I haven't tried Smooth Glossy yet and have only done one or two on
Epson Premium SemiGloss.

When I set the paper type as Durabrite and use semi-matte with my set-up
which is really intended for matte papers I get hardly any bronzing at
all. You can see a bit straight out of the printer but it really is hard
to find after a day of drying. The blacks are just beautiful without
blocking up the shadows.

Have you seen Paul Roark's page for the C86?

http://home1.gte.net/res09aij/C86-EZ-UT-Readme.htm

My main differences are in choosing Media Type Durabrite rather than
"Photo Glossy Paper". Photo Glossy puts on way too much ink in my set up.

I'm using the "Continuous Flow System" --- the "bottle system".

Best,
Daniel