Subject: [Leica] R28mm ROM on Canon D1s
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu Dec 30 16:14:36 2004

> Message: 24
> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:26:15 -070
> Dear LUG:
>
> We are trying to compile a list of known Leica R lenses that will
> successfully shoot on the Canon 1Ds MK2 via CameraQuest Adapter. The
> list is being complied on Rob Galbraith's forum under the Canon 1Ds
> group.
>
> If you have an information to add and can confirm operation from close
> focus to infinity with full mirror clearance, please send me a direct
> email at:
>
> pete@petemyers.com
>
> I would be most grateful for your help.
>
> Of particular interest is if the R 28mm f2.8 ROM will clear the mirror
> at infinity when on the 1Ds MK2 via CameraQuest adapter.

Peter,
I have used my 28R ROM on Roland Tan's DS1 using a Hong Kong made
adapter without any problem. It would work, I should think, equally
well with Stephen's adapter, and the D1s MkII as the mirror box is the
same as the D1s.
Regards
Howard

Replies: Reply from jcyleung8 at shaw.ca (Joe Leung) ([Leica] R28mm ROM on Canon D1s)