Subject: [Leica] FS: Fine prints. Leicaflex SL, reflex parts
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Dec 31 09:27:23 2004

You've seen them on the Web, and a growing number of list members and others
thoughout the world have them in their private collections.  Yes, it's my
weekly sales pitch for fine prints of my photographs.

All prints available, including those made with off-topic equipment, are at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/ordering.html

Equipment for sale:

Leicaflex SL, chrome, works but needs help!  This camera shows considerable
finish wear, strap lug wear, there's even brass showing through the chrome.
Numerous tiny dings and scrapes, no dents.  Shutter works at all speeds,
viewfinder has dust but is free of gunk, fungus or de-silvering.

Known problems:

) Light meter not working.  Battery check is good, response to ISO/Shutter
Speed/Aperture is good, response to
light levels is bad.  Probably needs new CdS cell.

) Self-timer sticky.  If you try using the ST you'll jam the camera unless
you know how to coax the ST into completing its cycle.  This would be fixed
as part of a normal CLA.

) One tooth broken from film take-up spool; other take-up teeth are fine,
take-up spool can be replaced easily by the usual qualified repair techs.

) One last problem: if you advance the film 99.9% of the way the camera
might jam.  Listening carefully and advancing slowly and fully you'll hear
the clicks of three latches catching at the end of the lever's travel.  This
is good.  If you don't advance the lever all the way to its stops and hear
one or two clicks, and return the advance lever to resting position, the
camera will jam.  I can tell you how to clear the jam - but this only
happens if you don't advance the film fully.

I recommend a CLA before using this camera.  $150 plus shipping.

Tinkerer's delight! Parts for Leica reflex cameras listed at
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/flexbits.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com