Subject: [Leica] Leica DM(?) Fluid
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 10:49:25 2004

In a message dated 12/31/04 4:28:10 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> The dilemma (my dilemma!) is that I wish to use my existing lenses and
> am not always happy to have, effectively, an involuntary crop of the
> centre of the frame. I do expect that this will effectively be a
> permanent issue which each buyer will have to decide on.
> Frank
> -----------------------------------
Frank,

It's possible that in the future new lenses will be dual purpose and carry
dual focal length engravings,
one for the 36x24 format and the other for the smaller digital chip. For
example, zooms will show on their focusing rings 28/18 to 110/75 mm in round
numbers. We already have meters and feet displayed that way. The Nikkors
dedicated
to the D70 et al are designated DX. If you use a DX on a film body you'll
see
a circle in the viewfinder.

I think the digital 24x36 pro Canon and Kodak reflexes can be switched to a
smaller pixel array, but I'm nor sure. Where Leica will wind up is your
guess
as well as mine. The situation now seems -- as they used to say in WW II,
'fluid.'

Bob

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica DM(?) Fluid)