Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Dec 31 18:27:19 2004

I'm sure we all agonize over the equipment list before heading off: in
the end for the trip to Nepal, where weight in the camera bag was
weight I was carrying at 5500 meters, I went for:

2 Xpan bodies with 45, 30 and 90 mm lenes, one for colour, one for b/w.
(and both to back up the other
M6 with 50DR summicron, 15mm Heliar (it slotted into the case and is
soooo small) and 135mm Tele-elmar. B/W film
Bessa II with b/w film

I agonized about NOT taking a Rollei TLR, and having discovered I can
carry a pack at those heights, I would take it instead of the Bessa.

Cheers

Alastair

Message from jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen) ([Leica] Best camera/lens choice)