Subject: [Leica] Intro
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jan 1 14:27:35 2005

Greetings Chris,
Welcome to the saloon.  As previously mentioned, the Epson RD-1 is the
only digital RF out.  It can be acquired through Samy's in LA and B&H,
both frequently are out of stock.  I would also try Rich Pinto at
Photovillage.com as he can frequently come up with things.  Another
source would be Robert White in England: no problems shipping from
England to the U.S.  Another source would be Dr. Yao in Hong Kong, check
the archives for his email; again, a very reputable supplier and a
fellow Lugger.

Leica will probably produce a digital RF sometime in 2006.  The
experience with the digital module for the R8-9 will have been good
experience for them.  I would expect something on the order of a 10mp
and a crop factor in the neighborhood of 1.3.

As long as you don't mind scanning film or using a commercial source to
digitize your film purchasing an M7 would be a good starting point.
Pick up a 28 or 35 Summicron and have a ball.  Prices are coming down
and either would work pretty well with future digital upgrades.

Enjoy!

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com